It’s race day.
You wake up early, throw on your running tech clothes, and hop in the car to travel to your race.
Hey, don’t forget your race bag!
If you don’t all ready have a bag that you take to your races it is a good thing to have with you, filled with items you will be sure to need and other items you may need.
So, the question is what should you have in your race bag? Here is the Complete Runner’s list of top items to include in your race bag:
Items for Before the Race
2. Insulated water bottle to keep drinks cold
3. Anti-Chafe Products (Body Guard, Sport Shield or Run Guard)
4. Sun Screen to protect your skin from harmful rays during the race
5. Extra pins or race number holder
6. Extra shoe laces in case one snaps before the race
7. Muscle massage bar to warm up caves and thighs since it isn’t good to stretch cold muscles (also great for recovery)
8. Electrolytes (like Nuun) to put in water to help replenish nutrients
Items for After the Race
9. Protein recovery bar or drink (remember the importance of the Magic Hour for better recovery)
11. Compression socks or sleeves
12. Dry socks
14. Dry shirt for relaxing or the awards ceremony (some tech wear offers an extremely comfortable feel with anti-odor and UV protection)
15. Sandals (Teva offers good support so you can be comfortable after the race)
16. Instant ice pack to help with sore muscles after the race as needed
Whether you need to start your race bag from scratch or are only missing a few important items, let Complete Runner help you get your running gear bag to where it needs to be.