What a fun and inspiring episode! Anita and Andy Harless take us on their journey from getting into running to recently overcoming Cancer. You just can’t help to be positive and motivated when you are around this couple.
WOW, this means so much to us because our customers nominated us. The judges were a panel from the Independent Running Retailers Association (IRRA), who judged not only on our excellence in product and service, but our commitment to our community.
A special thanks to all who took the time to nominate us as your local running store choice!
We are celebrating Black Friday all week long at Complete Runner November 21 – 26, 2016 (closed Thanksgiving Day). Here are just a few of the deals you can check out all week long, and don’t miss the coupon at the bottom.
Shoe Sale – Starting at $49.99 (Regularly $85 – $170)
Garmin GPS Sale (Limited Supply)
Forerunner 235 – $269.99 (Regularly $330)
Forerunner 25 – $99.99 (Regularly $140)
$800 Off Precor TRM 223 Treadmill (Limited Supply)
Complete Runner Black Friday Week Coupon!
It’s a huge accomplishment to participate in an Ironman. Now multiply that by nine, throw in several international events and you can see why we are super excited to have Brad Brown join the Complete Runner family!
Brad was involved in running most of his life until he decided in 2007 it was time to spice things up. Even though he hadn’t ridden a bike since he was a kid and wasn’t a great swimmer he joined the FAST triathlon club and challenged himself to a local triathlon.
That was all he needed to get hooked.
In 2010 Brad stepped up his game to participate in his first Ironman Triathlon in Madison, Wisconsin. Since then he has participated in a total of 9 Ironman Triathlons, including international events in locations like South Africa, Wales, England, and Germany.
Brad has also participated in many local Michigan events, including the Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City as well as the Crim Festival of Races in Flint.
Brad’s future plans include participating in more endurance events, even getting into the ultra marathon scene.
After traveling so much for work over the last decade, including living in the UK for three years, Brad is excited to settle down and turn his long-time hobby into a career by joining the Complete Runner Family as partner with Curtis Thompson. He is looking forward to integrating into the Flint running community where he can use his extensive triathlon and running experiences to help local athletes accomplish their goals.
Stop by the store to swap stories with Brad and welcome him to the Complete Runner family!
The Run4Wine took place on October 8, 2016 at the Jewel of Grand Blanc. For race times and rankings, view the complete 2016 Run4Wine run and walk race results.
The 5th Annual Run4Wine race on October 8, 2016 will be the best yet! With last year’s addition of National Republic representing multiple products including Tom Gore, Kim Crawford and Skinny Girl, and this year’s addition of Team One Credit Union as sponsors, be ready for a great time. Here are the top twelve reasons to participate in this year’s Run4Wine:
1. FREE Commemorative Wine Glass to the first 400 to register (at publication there are still some available)
2. FREE Skinny Girl Wine Stopper to the first 700 to cross the finish line
3. New this year, an optional Wine Stop Detour on the course featuring Tom Gore Cabernet and Sauvignon Blanc, now we’re talking
4. FREE Wine and Cocktail tasting from 5:30p – 7:30p*
5. Beer Tasting sponsored by Rochester Mills Beer *
6. 1st Place Division Winners will receive a Custom Bottle of Wine
7. 2nd and 3rd Place Division Winners will receive a Run4Wine Medal
8. Top Male and Female Run/Walk and Masters will receive a bottle of Tom Gore field blend signed by Tom Gore – extremely limited edition!!
9. The chef at the Jewel will be preparing a great after race buffet which is always a highlight of the evening and included in your registration*
10. If you taste something you like, bottles will be available to purchase**
11. We still have an 80/20 women to men ratio, guys-this is the place to be!
12. Last but most importantly, proceeds will be going to Old Newsboys of Flint*
*All this great stuff has been provided by our sponsors to raise funds for Old Newsboys of Flint. For this reason all entrants to the Jewel must be paid registrants or may be guests at the cost of $15. No spectators or under 21 will be allowed.
** Purchased bottles cannot be consumed at the event
We will be observing Labor Day, our Staff will be enjoying the holiday.
We will be CLOSED on Monday, September 5th, 2016.
Are you ready?!?
We said, are you ready?!?
Okay, we can’t hear you, but you get the point.
It’s go time, the Crim’s 40th Anniversary and it’s pretty exciting. The Crim will be celebrating its 40th year, BUT, more importantly they would like us all to celebrate FLINT. We Flintstones are not burying our heads on this water situation. In fact, the Crim has nominated itself as the catalyst for a new lease on health in this town and invite EVERYONE (here and visitors) to celebrate health in Flint. So jump on the band wagon and join in by running or walking a race, volunteering, or being a part of the 10 MILE TAILGATE!
Here are some highlights for the best Crim Festival of Races to date:
1. Groups or individuals are encouraged to TAILGATE along the course cheering on participants. Challenge other groups to be out there. Kettering University has claimed Kettering Corridor and has a few surprises in store.
2. Absopure Water will be the official Crim Water Sponsor throughout the course and stations
3. This year’s tech shirt was selected by the community so it’s your shirt (winning shirt to be revealed next week)
4. The Medal is said to be the best ever and a must have. Take a peek here.
5. Running Groups are invited to register as a group. Discounts and team designated areas for groups of 10 or more.
6. King and Queen of the Hill (Bradley Hills) was such a success that it will continue this year
7. Going Retro – The very first winner of the Crim, Steve Kenyon, second winner Greg Meyers and marathoner Bill Rogers will be special guests this year.
8. All indications suggest this year’s registration is well ahead of last year. So if you haven’t registered yet get on it before the next price increase. You can conveniently register online here.
Check out great summer deals at Complete Runner’s Get it Gone sidewalk sale in Flint, Michigan on Saturday, July 16, from 10am to 6pm.
Here at Complete Runner, we have dedicated ourselves to excellence in service and product since 1985 and as a result have received the loyalty of some really great customers. We would love it if you would nominate us as your favorite running store. As a winner, we would be featured in the December issue of Competitor as one of the 50 Best Running Stores in America!
Please tell what makes our running store so special:
- Tell about our great service
- Tell about our involvement in Crim Training, Good Form Running and Walking Classes, and Shoe Clinics
- Tell about our involvement in fitting up to 800 kids a year for Old Newsboys and fundraising $10,000 through Run4Wine to pay for the shoes
- Tell about your best experience at Complete Runner!