The Run4Wine took place on October 8, 2016 at the Jewel of Grand Blanc. For race times and rankings, view the complete 2016 Run4Wine run and walk race results.
Run4Wine is coming to Grand Blanc on October 8! Our Friends at Team One Credit Union put together this cool promo video for the race.
Register today before it’s too late!
The 5th Annual Run4Wine race on October 8, 2016 will be the best yet! With last year’s addition of National Republic representing multiple products including Tom Gore, Kim Crawford and Skinny Girl, and this year’s addition of Team One Credit Union as sponsors, be ready for a great time. Here are the top twelve reasons to participate in this year’s Run4Wine:
1. FREE Commemorative Wine Glass to the first 400 to register (at publication there are still some available)
2. FREE Skinny Girl Wine Stopper to the first 700 to cross the finish line
3. New this year, an optional Wine Stop Detour on the course featuring Tom Gore Cabernet and Sauvignon Blanc, now we’re talking
4. FREE Wine and Cocktail tasting from 5:30p – 7:30p*
5. Beer Tasting sponsored by Rochester Mills Beer *
6. 1st Place Division Winners will receive a Custom Bottle of Wine
7. 2nd and 3rd Place Division Winners will receive a Run4Wine Medal
8. Top Male and Female Run/Walk and Masters will receive a bottle of Tom Gore field blend signed by Tom Gore – extremely limited edition!!
9. The chef at the Jewel will be preparing a great after race buffet which is always a highlight of the evening and included in your registration*
10. If you taste something you like, bottles will be available to purchase**
11. We still have an 80/20 women to men ratio, guys-this is the place to be!
12. Last but most importantly, proceeds will be going to Old Newsboys of Flint*
*All this great stuff has been provided by our sponsors to raise funds for Old Newsboys of Flint. For this reason all entrants to the Jewel must be paid registrants or may be guests at the cost of $15. No spectators or under 21 will be allowed.
** Purchased bottles cannot be consumed at the event
#RUN4WINE. Saturday October 10, the 4th annual 4 Mile Run/Walk will be bigger and better than ever. More Wineries, Breweries, and Distilleries. Here’s what we have in store.
1. This year’s race is on a Saturday, yah! Now those that work during the week or are from out of town can attend.
2. This race is exclusively on a golf course with not only spectacular fall views but can also be fairly challenging, complete with a surprising uphill finish. If you still have your old Cross Country Spikes, dust them off and bring them along. You’ll enjoy that beer, wine, specialty cocktail, and buffet at the end even more!
3. Yes, you heard right… beer. Bell’s Brewery will be taking over the taps and Midland Brewing Company will be on site offering craft beer tasting. Cha-ching!
4. In addition to beer and wine… Specialty Cocktails from Skinny Girl and Maragritaville Margaritas. Whoa! Bottles will be available to purchase during the evening.
5. The scrumptious buffet, as always, is a highlight of the evening.
6. This year’s shirt will be a technical long sleeve from Brooks valued at $30. They’re really cool shirts. You see them all over town all year long.
7. All participants will be entered in a draw for Dinner for 2 with a car and driver from Grand Blanc Motor Cars.
8. Calling all guys, calling all guys If you are single this is the jackpot, baby. With a ratio of 80/20 women to men, not only could you win a lady but you have an excellent chance of winning an award in your division.
9. For the out of towners, we have made arrangements for rooms at a rate of $109 including breakfast for October 10. The rooms will be available to book until September 19. Holiday Inn Gateway Centre, 5353 Gateway Centre, Flint, MI 48507 (810) 232-5300.
10. Proceeds from the event will go to benefit Old Newsboys of Flint who’s goal is “Let No Child Be Forgotten” You can further assist by bidding in the silent auction put on by Old Newsboys at the event.
Do you have plans on the evening of October 9, 2014? Hundreds of runners, walkers, and beer and wine enthusiasts are signed up for the Run4Wine, and time is running out if you haven’t yet registered!
The third annual Run4Wine offers a great evening with your friends or spouse. Along with all the typical things you get from a race, Run4Wine also boasts of a unique course, amazing food buffet, craft beer, and of course, wine.
DJ Dan Richards of KCQ 98.1 will be heading up the entertainment, and don’t forget to bring some cash to purchase any wine or beer that your taste buds won’t allow you to go home without. As with last year, Nathan will also be there showcasing their line of safety and night running products, including lights and reflective gear at special pricing.
Participants will also be entered into a drawing where one lucky runner or walker will win a night on the town from Grand Blanc Motor Cars, where a driver will escort you and a spouse or friend to dinner in a Mercedes.
Proceeds benefit the Old Newsboys of Flint.
The price will jump again on October 1, so make sure to inform your friends and register today!
The Run4Wine started in 2012 as a fun fall race on a beautiful golf course with wine. This event was a huge success right away and continues to grow in popularity each year.
However, we’ve noticed that roughly 81% of race participants are female, meaning only 19% are male. We understand this event may be treated as a ladies night out, enjoying some fitness and fun with friends without spouses or significant others. This event could be fun for the man in your life also.
If you are up for him joining you at the Run4Wine, here are 4 compelling reasons to share with your man that he should participate in this year’s race.
1. With the majority of races being held on the road, this race is exclusively on a golf course with not only spectacular fall views but also fairly challenging, complete with a surprising uphill finish that will make anyone appreciate the craft beer and wine at the end even more!
2. Yes, you heard right…craft beer. Midland Brewing Company will be on site this year offering craft beer tasting. Cha-ching!
3. In addition to the craft beer the food buffet after the race is amazing, a reason alone for any man to participate.
4. To close the deal remind your man that he has better odds of getting in the top three in his age group since the majority of participants are female.
To sum things up, your man should participate with you in the Run4Wine because of the unique course, craft been, awesome food buffet, and a better chance of finishing at the top of his age group.
The second annual Run4Wine is approaching quickly, coming up on October 10 at 6:00 pm at The Jewel of Grand Blanc golf course. It was a wildly successful event in its first year and is on track for a huge increase in participation this year, so it is definitely an event you don’t want to miss!
If you need convincing of the awesomeness of the Run4Wine, we’ve put together a list of the top ten reasons why you should participate in all the fun and fitness.
1 – All participants get a very nice Brooks tech shirt that retails for $30! We’re not messing around!
2 – How often do you get to run on the plush grass of a golf course without the fear of the police chasing you down in a golf cart?
3 – You can’t have the Run4Wine without wine! Enjoy wine tasting and the ability to purchase additional bottles from Fabiano and Great Lakes Wine & Spirits, Modern Craft and Fenton Winery and Brewery (FWB).
4 – Race proceeds benefits the Old Newsboys of Flint to help underprivileged kids.
5 – Overall winner of the race gets a dinner and a BMW for the night from Grand Blanc Motor Cars!
6 – An epic uphill finish marked with lit wine bottles that will make you work for your wine and buffet!
7 – Live demo of new running visibility gear by Brooks and Nathan, with lots of inventory to purchase if you see something you can’t live without.
8 – Awesome post race party complete with DJ and tasty buffet.
9 – Enjoy some exercise with your friends and stick around for an evening of fun!
10 – Wine is almost cheaper than gas, and running is almost free, so participating in the Run4Wine makes total sense.
Hope you will join us for an amazing evening on October 10. To learn more about the Run4Wine, or to register for the event, please contact Complete Runner or visit www.run4winerace.com.