Thank you for everyone who braved the Michigan weather and had fun in the snow for the 37th Pot O’ Gold 4 Mile Run & Walk! Mother nature sure threw a curve ball at us and just in time to start the race. But that didn’t dampen the festive St. Patrick’s Day spirit from the runners and walkers! Lots of smiles could be seen out on the course and even a leprechaun or two!
Congratulations to everyone who finished and special mention to our winners in their respective categories. To see all the results click HERE.
- Men – Owen Smith
- Women – Kris Kotula
- Men – David Manges
- Women – Colleen Kearney
- Men – John Wehrly
- Women – Becky Benjamin
- Men – David Pierce
- Women – Jane Johnson
And congratulations to our raffle winners, who proved you don’t have to be super fast to win!
- Leah Hart – a FREE Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS watch
- Ann Townsend – a FREE pair of Hoka One One running shoes!
- Melissa Skaggs – a FREE pair of 361 Degrees running shoes!
A special thanks to:
And don’t forget to order photos from the event! Photos are available for purchase from Transcending Memories. There are some good candid shots you won’t want to forget, so click HERE to order!
We Couldn’t Have Done It Without the Sponsors
A BIG thank you to our sponsors this year. Without their support, the Pot O’ Gold race wouldn’t be so much fun!
Voted Top 50 Running Stores in America! Visit website.
Ancient Order of Hibernians
Special thanks to this year’s Grand Marshall, Patrick Fergerson. Visit website.
White Horse Tavern
Try the Stromboli! (621 W Court St Flint, MI | 810-234-3811)
Great job on this year’s race flyers! (2638 Corunna Rd, Flint, MI 810-232-3232)
Donated all the bottled water! Visit website.
H & R Block
Provided the pizza for the after race party, as well as amazing volunteers to help with packet pickup, and tons of behind the scenes stuff on race day to make the race possible. Visit website.
Court Plaza Chiropractic
Delivering chiropractic services to patients in Flint for over 30 years. Visit website.
John J Gleason, Genesee County Clerk
Dedicated sponsor of those adorable Little Blarney’s. Thanks for their T-shirts!
Ruth Mott Applewood
Thanks for the water station on the course. Visit website.
RPM Auto Sales
With 6 locations in Flint, Clio, Saginaw and Lansing make your next vehicle purchase at RPM. Visit website.
Planet Fitness Burton
Home of the Judgement Free Zone! And amazing volunteers for this year’s race! Visit website.
See You Next Time
Thank you everyone for another memorable Pot O’ Gold Race. We can’t wait to see you all at our next event Run4Wine 4 Mile Run & Walk and again next year on St Patrick’s Day!!
2017 St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Schedule in Flint, MI
11:30 am: Photos and Presentation to the Honorees at St. Michael’s Church at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Saginaw Street (Directions)
Immediately following Mass, Irish Family Walk to the McFarlan Park on Saginaw Street (Directions)
1:30 pm-6:00 pm: *new location* St. Patrick’s Day Party at St. Matthew’s Church 706 Beach St, Flint, MI 48502. Irish Dancing, food and a whole bunch of fun! There is a buffet for $10, which includes chicken, corned beef and cabbage, salad, vegetables and dessert. The entertainment will be provided from 1:30-6:00pm (Directions)
More information can be found at: http://flintstpatricksday.com
Save $20, Get a FREE Gift, Enter to win a Garmin 35 GPS Watch
January 7, 10 am – 4 pm at Complete Runner
As 2016 comes to an end, it’s time to start thinking about those New Years resolutions, the race goals you are going to set for yourself and of course looking forward to the 2017 Crim Festival of Races! What better way to kickoff the year then to sign up for the CrimFit Adult Training Program!
The CrimFit Adult Training Program is a top-notch 15-week training program for runners and walkers of all fitness levels. From beginner to advanced, the program is used to give participants the tools and confidence to meet their goals of finishing the Crim race of their liking or improving their race times.
To make it even easier for you to sign up, Complete Runner is hosting a CrimFit Adult Training Program Kick Off Event! We’ll be signing up participants in the store on January 7th, from 10am-4pm.
So why come out to register at the store??
Check out these additional perks of signing up at Complete Runner on January 7th:
- $10 Off Training Registration
- Free gift with registration
- $10 Coupon for Complete Runner
- Entry to win a Garmin 35 GPS Watch when you register
Here’s how the CrimFit Adult Training Program works:
- Once per week from May until August, groups of runners and walkers meet throughout Genesee County with Crim-trained Group Leaders to increase endurance and reach their goals.
- The program follows methods proven by expert trainers and coaches across the world to be the most effective way to reach your goals with minimized risk of injury or over training.
- Programs are available for a wide range of ability levels—from experienced athletes to first time runners and walkers. Each training group is tailored for optimal success in crossing the finish line on race day.
Other benefits of the program include:
- Entry into the HAP Crim Festival of Races event of your choice (10 Mile, 8K, 5K)
- Two vouchers for other races in the area
- Access to local fitness centers
- CrimFit Adult Training Program discounts at local running stores
- Discounts to local restaurants
- Race apparel and accessories
So come out to Complete Runner on January 7th and join in the fun!
WOW, this means so much to us because our customers nominated us. The judges were a panel from the Independent Running Retailers Association (IRRA), who judged not only on our excellence in product and service, but our commitment to our community.
A special thanks to all who took the time to nominate us as your local running store choice!
We are celebrating Black Friday all week long at Complete Runner November 21 – 26, 2016 (closed Thanksgiving Day). Here are just a few of the deals you can check out all week long, and don’t miss the coupon at the bottom.
Shoe Sale – Starting at $49.99 (Regularly $85 – $170)
Garmin GPS Sale (Limited Supply)
Forerunner 235 – $269.99 (Regularly $330)
Forerunner 25 – $99.99 (Regularly $140)
$800 Off Precor TRM 223 Treadmill (Limited Supply)
Complete Runner Black Friday Week Coupon!
It’s a huge accomplishment to participate in an Ironman. Now multiply that by nine, throw in several international events and you can see why we are super excited to have Brad Brown join the Complete Runner family!
Brad was involved in running most of his life until he decided in 2007 it was time to spice things up. Even though he hadn’t ridden a bike since he was a kid and wasn’t a great swimmer he joined the FAST triathlon club and challenged himself to a local triathlon.
That was all he needed to get hooked.
In 2010 Brad stepped up his game to participate in his first Ironman Triathlon in Madison, Wisconsin. Since then he has participated in a total of 9 Ironman Triathlons, including international events in locations like South Africa, Wales, England, and Germany.
Brad has also participated in many local Michigan events, including the Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City as well as the Crim Festival of Races in Flint.
Brad’s future plans include participating in more endurance events, even getting into the ultra marathon scene.
After traveling so much for work over the last decade, including living in the UK for three years, Brad is excited to settle down and turn his long-time hobby into a career by joining the Complete Runner Family as partner with Curtis Thompson. He is looking forward to integrating into the Flint running community where he can use his extensive triathlon and running experiences to help local athletes accomplish their goals.
Stop by the store to swap stories with Brad and welcome him to the Complete Runner family!
The Run4Wine took place on October 8, 2016 at the Jewel of Grand Blanc. For race times and rankings, view the complete 2016 Run4Wine run and walk race results.
The 5th Annual Run4Wine race on October 8, 2016 will be the best yet! With last year’s addition of National Republic representing multiple products including Tom Gore, Kim Crawford and Skinny Girl, and this year’s addition of Team One Credit Union as sponsors, be ready for a great time. Here are the top twelve reasons to participate in this year’s Run4Wine:
1. FREE Commemorative Wine Glass to the first 400 to register (at publication there are still some available)
2. FREE Skinny Girl Wine Stopper to the first 700 to cross the finish line
3. New this year, an optional Wine Stop Detour on the course featuring Tom Gore Cabernet and Sauvignon Blanc, now we’re talking
4. FREE Wine and Cocktail tasting from 5:30p – 7:30p*
5. Beer Tasting sponsored by Rochester Mills Beer *
6. 1st Place Division Winners will receive a Custom Bottle of Wine
7. 2nd and 3rd Place Division Winners will receive a Run4Wine Medal
8. Top Male and Female Run/Walk and Masters will receive a bottle of Tom Gore field blend signed by Tom Gore – extremely limited edition!!
9. The chef at the Jewel will be preparing a great after race buffet which is always a highlight of the evening and included in your registration*
10. If you taste something you like, bottles will be available to purchase**
11. We still have an 80/20 women to men ratio, guys-this is the place to be!
12. Last but most importantly, proceeds will be going to Old Newsboys of Flint*
*All this great stuff has been provided by our sponsors to raise funds for Old Newsboys of Flint. For this reason all entrants to the Jewel must be paid registrants or may be guests at the cost of $15. No spectators or under 21 will be allowed.
** Purchased bottles cannot be consumed at the event
We will be observing Labor Day, our Staff will be enjoying the holiday.
We will be CLOSED on Monday, September 5th, 2016.