IN STOCK JUNE 1!!
The Carbon X is a formidable competitor. Made using never before seen HOKA ONE ONE® technology, this high-performance shoe features a carbon fiber plate to help propel you forward and accelerate your toe-off. It features PROFLY X foam, our lightest and most resilient foam, and has a wide base for a stable, soft and extremely responsive ride. Complete with a lightweight upper and embroidered design, the Carbon X is your license to speed.
- Single layer engineered mesh upper offers breathability across forefoot
- Embroidery reinforcement provides a lightweight midfoot lockdown
- Gussetted tounge prevents migration across the instep
- Early stage Meta-Rocker delivers an uptempo and propulsive ride
- Light and resilient PROFLY X foam sits above the carbon fiber plate while rubberized foam sits below the plate
- Carbon fiber plate curls under the lateral toes to prevent re-supination and deliver a smooth transition
- Wider forefoot platform provides support and stability along with an acommodating and comfortable fit
- Rubberized foam outsole offers a lightweight, responsive ground contact
Project Carbon X is a world-record attempt unlike anything you’ve ever seen. On May 4th HOKA Athletes attempted to set a new 100K and 10x10K World Record. Project Carbon X took place in Folsom, California, with live streaming on the HOKA ONE ONE Youtube and Facebook pages. It featured ultrarunners from the US and Japan, including the reigning IAAF 100K World Champion, racing together to try and break the 100K World Record of 6:09:14 (under six minutes per mile for 62 miles).
And when the dust settles there is a new 50-mile record!
4:50:08. 5:48/mile. Your new 50-mile World Record Holder, Jim Walmsley
Set the bar to impossible. You never know how high you’ll get when you reach for it. #timetofly
Congrats Jim and the entire Project Carbon X team. Amazing effort that shows boundaries are made to be pushed.