#RUN4WINE. Saturday October 10, the 4th annual 4 Mile Run/Walk will be bigger and better than ever. More Wineries, Breweries, and Distilleries. Here’s what we have in store.
1. This year’s race is on a Saturday, yah! Now those that work during the week or are from out of town can attend.
2. This race is exclusively on a golf course with not only spectacular fall views but can also be fairly challenging, complete with a surprising uphill finish. If you still have your old Cross Country Spikes, dust them off and bring them along. You’ll enjoy that beer, wine, specialty cocktail, and buffet at the end even more!
3. Yes, you heard right… beer. Bell’s Brewery will be taking over the taps and Midland Brewing Company will be on site offering craft beer tasting. Cha-ching!
4. In addition to beer and wine… Specialty Cocktails from Skinny Girl and Maragritaville Margaritas. Whoa! Bottles will be available to purchase during the evening.
5. The scrumptious buffet, as always, is a highlight of the evening.
6. This year’s shirt will be a technical long sleeve from Brooks valued at $30. They’re really cool shirts. You see them all over town all year long.
7. All participants will be entered in a draw for Dinner for 2 with a car and driver from Grand Blanc Motor Cars.
8. Calling all guys, calling all guys If you are single this is the jackpot, baby. With a ratio of 80/20 women to men, not only could you win a lady but you have an excellent chance of winning an award in your division.
9. For the out of towners, we have made arrangements for rooms at a rate of $109 including breakfast for October 10. The rooms will be available to book until September 19. Holiday Inn Gateway Centre, 5353 Gateway Centre, Flint, MI 48507 (810) 232-5300.
10. Proceeds from the event will go to benefit Old Newsboys of Flint who’s goal is “Let No Child Be Forgotten” You can further assist by bidding in the silent auction put on by Old Newsboys at the event.